How to Get a Job with a Criminal Record?
With the global recession, getting jobs is becoming more tedious. With a criminal record, getting a job is becoming more tiresome. Holding a criminal record is called as a felony. A felon finds it very difficult to get a job. There are many ways of getting good jobs under all circumstances. By knowing about such opportunities, people, especially felons are benefitted in their career.
A Second ChanceThere are many reasons that point towards the improper behavior of people. Felony is a crime, but giving a second chance to them is more important. Once a person changes for the better and gets a job, it will make his family trust and love him for his changed behavior.
Felons, who have changed for the better, require an encouraging response from those close to him and train him with good employment skills and education so that he can be financially independent and all thoughts of bad behavior disappear. A felon who is able to change his character can be a role model to others like him.
Job Opportunities1. Not all employers ask for a job history covering several years. If you are working currently and abstained from illegal offenses, you can easily abstain from revealing the convicted past. Under certain conditions, there is no necessity to reveal your offense, if at least 7 years have passed by and you have a clean record. Certain offenses such as adults who had attended juvenile courts in the past, minor offenses and many years have passed by; getting rehabilitation certificates pronouncing good behavior are such examples.
2. Try not to degrade yourself. Hold on to your own worth and do not disqualify yourself for having a bad record. With positive thinking, you will get good jobs. Do not assume that you are not fit to work in the society.
3. Certain jobs that require good records should not be given priority in your list. Choose jobs that do not require providing your background history. Earn a good reputation at the job and you will soon see a rise.
4. Try to get recommendations from people who have seen you and with whom you have a good relationship, as they can vouch for your character to people who can provide you with employment. You can also get recommendation letters from your advocate or friends who know you.
5. Your Business. You can start a business of your own if you have sufficient capital.
6. There are many websites that provide guidance to felons and connect them with employers, who are willing to take such felons into their employment. With such helping hands, felons with a poor background, have a chance in the society. They can re-enter into the society as a totally new person with a positive attitude and a promising future. Some jobs may not be attractive while some may not provide a good pay. However, getting a job is most essential and getting a good job experience is more important. Once you get a job, you can impress your superiors and move further up the ladder, in your career.
You can find job outlook for the future career on bls.gov and find available jobs on felonfriendly.net.